Mapping business services companies in a specific market to help you identify the best company to hire.
We rank service providers and map them on a Leaders Matrix based on our research in a specific market. A Clutch Leaders Matrix provides a broad view of the top-performing companies in a particular industry or location.
How Do I Use a Clutch Leaders Matrix?
Use a Clutch Leaders Matrix to start your research. It's your first step in identifying the business service providers you might want to hire.
Each company featured in a Leaders Matrix is evaluated based on client reviews, past work, market presence, and specialization in a given service.
Even though a Clutch Leaders Matrix lists market leaders, these companies may not be the best fit for your business. Consider proven, niche, and emerging leaders as well. Remember, the best choice for you is the service provider that has:
- Experience with the services you need
- Evidence of successfully completing projects for previous clients
- Complementary communication and project management style
Location and budget are also important criteria to consider when investing in a service provider.
How Does a Clutch Leaders Matrix Work?
Each Leaders Matrix takes into account a company's 'Ability to Deliver' and 'Focus.'
Ability to Deliver includes the company's client reviews, past work, market presence, and prestigious awards. Focus is a company's level of specialization in a given service.
Leaders Matrices are interactive graphs that show where companies fall across four quadrants:
- Market Leaders (top right)
- Proven Leaders (top left)
- Niche Leaders (bottom right)
- Emerging Leaders (bottom left)
|Quadrant||What Does Each Quadrant Mean?|
|Market Leaders||Strongest ability to deliver, high focus on the desired service, received strong feedback from clients|
|Proven Leaders||Strong ability to deliver, low focus on the desired service, and received strong feedback from clients|
|Niche Leaders||Moderate ability to deliver, high focus on the desired service, and received strong feedback from clients|
|Emerging Leaders||Moderate ability to deliver, low focus on the desired service, and strong feedback from clients|
Leaders Matrix FAQ
A company's Ability to Deliver score considers three criteria:
- Client references and reviews
- Work experience
- Market presence and awards
The number, recency, and quality of client reviews factor into a company’s Ability to Deliver score.
We look at:
- Type and quality of clients the company works with
- Case studies that demonstrate the company's experience in different areas: projects, services, industries
We use six main criteria:
- Marketing Efforts –Does the company present itself clearly and professionally online?
- Reputation – Does the company have a strong reputation in its industry?
- Geographic Presence – Where is the company located?
- Accolades – Has the company won any awards?
- Social Media Presence – Does the company have a social media presence?
- Thought Leadership – Does the company demonstrate efforts to innovate in its industry?
A company's Focus score takes into account the services, or focus areas, that the company specializes in. These services are represented as service lines on each company's Clutch profile.
Competitive market segments with many companies listed are likely to have the top 15 companies as Market Leaders in the Leaders Matrix.
If a company has a high Ability to Deliver score and specializes in two or three main services, it’s possible for the company to rank in the Leaders Matrix that corresponds to each service. This is rare, however.
Clutch rankings are dynamic, and research is ongoing. Every time a Clutch analyst collects a new review, the Leaders Matrix is subject to change.